With the new Multi-Level Protection Scheme 2.0 (MLPS), the regulatory pressure on companies operating in China continues to increase.The regulatory system for data and cyber security forces all companies to ensure that their network is free from interference, damage or unauthorized access, and that no data can be disclosed, stolen or falsified, according to the specifications of a multi-level protection system. The scope of the mandatory MLPS is broad and covers nearly all companies operating in China.
Further information on data security and compliance.
Implementation of the MLPS 2.0 in practice
The implementation of the MLPS 2.0 in the company takes place in five steps. In our webinar on 2 June, 10.00 a.m. CET (German language), we will inform you about the first two steps, the classification of the systems and the registration with the public safety authority, covering the following topics:
- Identification of the information systems relevant for the MLPS 2.0
- Preliminary classification of the information systems
- Procedure of the external expert assessment
- Preparation of the necessary documents for registration
- Certificate classification
Your partner for the implementation
of the MLPS 2.0
The MLPS 2.0 applies to companies in all industries and is not limited to internet or IT companies. More and more foreign companies are aware of the importance of the MLPS 2.0 but do not know how to implement the MLPS 2.0 in practice due to the complexity of MLPS-related regulations and also the language barrier - many regulations and standards are only available in Chinese.
CHINABRAND helps companies implement the MLPS 2.0 regulations from the initial assessment of IT systems and preliminary classification to acceptance by certified auditors in China.
- Preliminary classification of the IT systems and determination of the necessary protection
- Registration and certification by the public safety authority
- Gap analysis and remediation plan in case of need for optimization
- Security assessment by authorised auditors
- Submission of the assessment report to the public safety authority
The English webinar recording of the following contents can be found here.
- Changes of MLPS 1.0 to MLPS 2.0,
- Legal framework regarding MLPS in China,
- Risks associated with the Corporate Social Credit System,
- Process of MLPS 2.0,
- Professional management of MLPS in the company.